Liebster. In German, it means “dearest.” What a lovely name for a blogging award, intended to spread to blogs that have 300 followers or less. (Yeah, I definitely qualify there.) The Liebster Award came to me through A. Wrighton, which was enough to make me spit my drink and applaud myself.
11 facts. 11 questions. 11 bloggers. I’d better get started.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. Most of my stories as a kid were inspired by video games.
2. I am the proud owner of a sword, a dagger, and two short scythes, which I use for casual fighting with my friends.
3. I recently started watching a lot of anime, my favorite of which is Soul Eater.
4. On weekdays I work bagging at a grocery store.
5. I love Pokemon and my favorite is Gligar.
6. I’ve tried learning 3 other languages but only know the basics of each. Ohayou! Guten Tag! Buenos noches!
7. Which reminds me of The Truman Show. I’m a huge fan of Jim Carrey movies.
8. I like Homestuck, and if you don’t, then no apologies for it from me.
9. I’m a horrible cook most of the time, but it’s said that I make the best instant ramen for miles around.
10. Unrelated (mostly) to my writing, I do video game journalism at Operation Rainfall.
11. In a high school video production group, I got the nickname “Complainer” for constantly pointing out that we weren’t actually making any videos when we met.
11 Questions and Answers
A. Wrighton presented me with these questions. When I’m done, I’ll have to come up with 11 questions of my own to pass on.
1. If you could be any fictional character who would you be and why?
Samurai Jack, because he got to have combat training in every culture in the world.
2. What was the last movie that really made an impression on you?
I don’t see movies very often. I’m pretty sure the answer to this is The Hobbit which was last year still.
3. What was the most recent thing you’ve written?
The other day I got started writing The Demon’s Guardian, which is the sequel to my novel that just came out.
4. Who taught you how to tell a story/blog?
I don’t think I can pin that on one person. I was writing stories at about age 8 and they’ve become progressively less bad over the years until now I’d say they’re actually pretty great. I’ve had too many great teachers (and peers) to count.
5. If you could erase one book from the face of the earth (for the good of mankind) what would it be?
That would be The Exodus Gate by Stephen Zimmer. I don’t think I’ve ever read such a slow book with so many unnecessary explanations of everything. Plus they took real-life places and religions and just renamed everything to make it look fictional.
6. If you could only save one book from destruction what would it be?
MY OWN BOOK! THEN NOBODY COULD STOP ME FROM RULING LITERATURE! BWAHAHAHAHA!
7. Where was your favorite vacation? Why?
My dad and I once went on a vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and stayed at a different campground almost every day while we were there. The bike trails were amazing!
8. What TV show do you never miss?
Well it’s pretty hard to miss my shows when I mainly watch on Netflix and online, but my favorite TV show remains Doctor Who. Yup, I’m one of those.
9. What are you afraid of?
Isolation. Boredom. Fire.
10. A genie grants you three wishes. What are they?
A house that will fit all the awesome junk I’m bound to collect in my life; teams that will adapt my books into movies and video games; and I think I’ll save the third wish for an emergency. Who knows what I’ll want later in life?
11. What do you want to be remembered for?
Telling great stories that make people think about things in a new way.
Passing the Torch
I’m supposed to tag 11 bloggers to get this award and pass it on. 11? I don’t even know 11 blogging authors. How sad is that? So here, have the ones I do know that qualify. All 2 of them.
Now they too must announce that they got the Liebster award from me, give 11 facts about themselves, and then answer my 11 questions:
1. What’s the best character you ever created?
2. What’s your favorite possession?
3. The nerdiest thing about you?
4. The food and drink you must have to write?
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
6. What setting or environment appeals to you the most?
7. Describe your dream house.
8. You must defend yourself against the invasion. What’s your weapon of choice?
9. What’s a movie you watched over and over as a kid?
10. When big things happen, how do you usually hear about them?
11. Is there something most people “grow out of” but you still believe in, e.g. fairies, ghosts, Santa etc.?